International Silkroad Forum
Welcome in our forum.
Please Login.
You are not a member yet? Register to have fun in our forum and on cSRO.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome in our forum.
Please Login.
You are not a member yet? Register to have fun in our forum and on cSRO.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Going to try something different for archer need an opinion.

4 posters

Go down

Going to try something different for archer need an opinion. Empty Going to try something different for archer need an opinion.

Post by llllllll Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:26 pm

Okay, here recently I've been wanting to make an archer on Csro. I have had archers in my past on Isro and have tested quite a different builds. This time I am wanting something different and have came to two decisions.

1st: Bow / Light / Force

2nd: Bow / Cold / Force

Now I know what everyone is thinking why is Fire not included?
Well, I have had a Bow / Fire / xxx build before don't get me wrong they are much stronger embue wise, but that and the phy dmg increase are really the only + side to them. However, it isn't what I am going to be looking for. The archer was originally designed for long rang combat, and quick get aways they were also known to be partially magical based. If you play any other mmo you will see that archers are meant to be a hybrid build, and some are even healers. That isn't why I am necessarily choosing the force class though. What I had planned to do w/ this build was design it for debuff's and run, or freeze and debuff and tear the opponent apart. Now here comes the opinion of you guys choosing the 2ndary force class. The benefit w/ Ice is: I can freeze/slow them down, mana shield, defense buff the downfall is immunity to cold, and it is slow as hell. Now, looking at the pvps I have noticed that only the wealthiest on the game are immune to cold. The 2nd option is Lightening and the benefit w/ it is: higher damage w/ the embue + it causes them to lose some parry ratio, speed, magical increase-which helps since the builds was originally designed as hybrid, and parry ratio increase which means the opponent will do less dmg than his/her max to you.

Let me know your opinions.
-llllll

Last edited by llllllll on Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:38 am; edited 1 time in total
llllllll
llllllll
Administrator
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 371
Job/hobbies : Twiddling my thumbs...
Humor : Green Jello!
Silk : 6152
Registration date : 2008-04-17

http://www.c-sro.eu/wiki/index.php?title=User_talk:Llllllll/&

Back to top Go down

Going to try something different for archer need an opinion. Empty Re: Going to try something different for archer need an opinion.

Post by Zu Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:05 pm

Fire only a stronger imbue and physical damage increase? No. The most important buff in the fire tree is the magical defence buff. Pure STR characters without the magical defence buff simply won't do very good in PvP or other versus player stuff.

Both options seem to be very risky. However the "best" one would be pacheon/cold/force. Because it has more essential benefits, like Snow Shield, the physical defence buff and of course the imbue. But the only way I see this build working is going hybrid INT. Since you don't have a magical defence buff.

And the pacheon/light/force is just not worth it. No defence buff whatsoever. During versus players stuff you can better buy 100%+ speed potions.
Zu
Zu

Male
Number of posts : 68
Going to try something different for archer need an opinion. Gui1010
Silk : 5578
Registration date : 2009-05-03

Back to top Go down

Going to try something different for archer need an opinion. Empty Re: Going to try something different for archer need an opinion.

Post by Unstoppable Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:49 pm

pacheon/cold/force is my bet too.

are u gonna be 1:1 hybrid or 70:70?
Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Normal member
Normal member

Male
Number of posts : 379
Job/hobbies : Playing Tennis/ Playing Dota
Humor : Ctrl + W = ???
Silk : 6337
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Fire0rb Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:38 pm

unstoppable 70:70 = 1:1 ? xDDD i guess u mean 7:1 oder 70:30 or whatever hybrid is will be Wink

yea i guess with thing with light is much weaker than pacheon/cold/force cause no snow shield or phys buffs
if you go decent hybrid you should have enough mana to not loosing all your mana when you are hit by a mob / in pvp through snowshield Wink
and bow is imo the only chinsse class which can grind without speed cause ure are far range so you dont need to walk very much if you know where to farm Wink
Fire0rb
Fire0rb
Administrator
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 937
Silk : 7217
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Zu Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:09 am

Fire0rb wrote:unstoppable 70:70 = 1:1 ?

70:70 isn't the same as 1:1.
70:70 = physical 70% magical 70%
1:1 gives you a balance of physical 75% magical 62%

Very Happy
Zu
Zu

Male
Number of posts : 68
Silk : 5578
Registration date : 2009-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Unstoppable Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:13 pm

Zu wrote:
Fire0rb wrote:unstoppable 70:70 = 1:1 ?

70:70 isn't the same as 1:1.
70:70 = physical 70% magical 70%
1:1 gives you a balance of physical 75% magical 62%

Very Happy

Yes! its not the same fire orb,

when i said 1:1 = u distribute ur stats with 1str and 1int whereas 70:70 is i mean that tha balance of ur magical and physical. 70:70 = 1:5 hybrid i think.
Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Normal member
Normal member

Male
Number of posts : 379
Job/hobbies : Playing Tennis/ Playing Dota
Humor : Ctrl + W = ???
Silk : 6337
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down