International Silkroad Forum
Welcome in our forum.
Please Login.
You are not a member yet? Register to have fun in our forum and on cSRO.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome in our forum.
Please Login.
You are not a member yet? Register to have fun in our forum and on cSRO.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Proxy Program

3 posters

Go down

Another Proxy Program Empty Another Proxy Program

Post by Palazar Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:04 am

If you are having frequent crashes due to packet loss from the long distance between you and the Csro servers, then you need SocksCap.This program simply reroutes traffic for another program through a proximity server of your choice. It's free for "non-commercial personal use" (you playing games with it Smile ) and it's not resource consuming.
Information on how to setup it yourself you can find at http://www.socksproxychecker.com/sockscap.html . Then the only thing left is for you to find a nice proxy (tryed with chinese IP only, dunno how others will fare). With the chin ip's I used my ping lowered by 20-40 ms and the net stability improved a bit.

Last edited by Palazar on Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Palazar
Palazar
Elite Member
Elite Member

Male
Number of posts : 157
Humor : Superjail
Another Proxy Program Blank
Silk : 5815
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Another Proxy Program Empty Re: Another Proxy Program

Post by Aviel Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:11 am

Can u post some chinese ip adresses that is close to those servers maybe?
Aviel
Aviel
Normal member
Normal member

Male
Number of posts : 432
Another Proxy Program Gui1010
Silk : 6203
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Palazar Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:24 pm

I even don't know the location of Csro servers, afaik they're divided in two locations - western and eastern, or it was northern and southern Question. I am not sure, but I guess any asian proxy would do the job. What good would it do to you if the proxy was right next to Cimo's servers.

Anyway, googling for chin proxys doesn't reveal outright the locations of their servers. But you can always try http://www.ip-adress.com/ip_tracer/ , through the locations shown there aren't always 100% accurate.
Palazar
Palazar
Elite Member
Elite Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Coyote. Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:10 pm

Bump, old topic.

I just joined Csro and i am encountering 'Lagg', So i tried this program but unsuccessfully. When i add a new program to the list "Silkroad.exe" or "sro_client.exe" and press run, it just does nothing, If I try with "sro_client.exe" It pops me out a error "Please start Silkroad.exe", but when i try "Silkroad.exe" It does nothing, when i press run Again it show's "Silkroad is already running."
Coyote.
Coyote.
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer

Male
Number of posts : 29
Silk : 5422
Registration date : 2009-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Palazar Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:41 am

Are you sure you're following the instructions step by step? When adding a new program you need to fill three fields : Profile Name - can be anything , it doesn't matter if it's Csro, Chinese Silkroad or anything else; Command Line - this is the location of the executable, if you're not sure click on browse and find the exe, mine for example is F:\Games\Silkroad\silkroad.exe ; Working Directory - it looks similar to the above, but it points to the parent folder, mine is F:\Games\Silkroad\ . And of course the exe you need is silkroad.exe . If you can run silkroad.exe (that's the launcher) without Socks, then you should be able to run it with Socks if you follow the above instructions. And if that doesn't work (I doubt it) go to the official guides section and look for Mihawk's topic, he has posted link for a program that does the same. I haven't tried his program, but judging by the screenshots it's has a nice proxy checker.
By the way, people DON'T make any illusions that by using proxy you will have 50ms ping and you'll never get disconnected! What I guess we could have is 330>400ms ping 90% of the time and less DCes.
Palazar
Palazar
Elite Member
Elite Member

Male

Back to top Go down