International Silkroad Forum
Welcome in our forum.
Please Login.
You are not a member yet? Register to have fun in our forum and on cSRO.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome in our forum.
Please Login.
You are not a member yet? Register to have fun in our forum and on cSRO.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WHY you write?! World is out of IP ADDRESSES!

3 posters

Go down

WHY you write?! World is out of IP ADDRESSES! Empty WHY you write?! World is out of IP ADDRESSES!

Post by Tehuti Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:05 am

Why such :

https://international-sro.forumotion.com/t4841-world-is-out-of-ip-addresses#35393

infos are write on news&announcements, there can only write mods and admins and we can't discuss about it there? This scaring infos "World is out of IP ADDRESSES!" are announced every year since 2002 and there has been long time a solution for this problem, IPv6.

Last edited by Tehuti on Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Tehuti
Tehuti

Male
Number of posts : 251
WHY you write?! World is out of IP ADDRESSES! Gui1010
Silk : 6188
Registration date : 2008-03-20

Back to top Go down

WHY you write?! World is out of IP ADDRESSES! Empty Re: WHY you write?! World is out of IP ADDRESSES!

Post by GoldiLocks Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:43 am

Tehuti wrote:Why such :

https://international-sro.forumotion.com/t4841-world-is-out-of-ip-addresses#35393

infos are write on news&announcements, there can only write mods and admins and we can't discuss about it there? This scaring infos "World is out of IP ADDRESSES!" are announced every year since 2002 and there has been long time a solution for this problem, IPv6.

OPZ.... lol... i forgot only mods and admins can write there. *sorry everyone!* Its big news that it has finally happened. Its just to mostly let people know that if has happened. Its just more for information... and the fact that with the tec boom in CHINA... cSRO... CHINA... see the connection?.... moving on they will be one for the first places my guess to move to the IPV6. IPV4 vs IPV6 is not just a simple switch. While this is being done, any one that has not made the changes to their system will be left in the dark. Users using IPV6 will see what is hoping to be a seamless change over, if everything goes well. For a period of time 2 internets... yes 2 internets... will exist... one in IPV4 and one on IPV6. I figured that people would like to know this information. Trust me... this will not be another Y2K scare... but users on old systems like DOCSIS 2.0 and lower as an example should be made aware with the change over that if their equipment and OS is not up to speed some upgrade maybe needed. True this was known to the world back in 1995 (when I was a kid) .... and a solution was announced a while back.... but time for action is happening now.

Being the friendly helpful person I try to be... would let users know before they wakeup some day and say mmmmm.... where did my internet go? Not everyone can be like you and me Tehuti.... I was talking to some very well educated people and they never even knew this was a problem! So... like it or lump it there is some information in the shell. Do not care? dun read it. Want to know more and make sure your ready for the change over... please read on!

Cheers;

Goldi

ps: sorry again everyone... for posting this news in a spot where no one can comment.. Sad *MY BAD* Thanks Tehuti for point this out!
GoldiLocks
GoldiLocks
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 1160
Job/hobbies : Drinking and Having Fun!
Humor : Any
Silk : 7746
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

WHY you write?! World is out of IP ADDRESSES! Empty Re: WHY you write?! World is out of IP ADDRESSES!

Post by GaymaxSux/TearsOfDevil Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:03 am

is simple,i guess.for example,my internet have sooome checkboxes on config and 2 of them are IPv4 and IPv6.so i guess im a lucky guy and i an choose what ip i can use.

anyway i hope i understood it right.
GaymaxSux/TearsOfDevil
GaymaxSux/TearsOfDevil
Elite Member
Elite Member

Male
Number of posts : 112
Job/hobbies : WebMaster and AgressiveInlineSkater
Silk : 5305
Registration date : 2010-04-02

http://www.sroplanet.hostoi.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down