International Silkroad Forum
Welcome in our forum.
Please Login.
You are not a member yet? Register to have fun in our forum and on cSRO.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome in our forum.
Please Login.
You are not a member yet? Register to have fun in our forum and on cSRO.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which is better?

+2
GoldiLocks
Xyselzion
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Which is better? Empty Which is better?

Post by Xyselzion Tue May 26, 2009 9:39 am

I just need you opinions:

Which build is better and why?

Wizard + Bard

Wizard + Cleric

And for Wiz skills which ones or combinations do you prefer to have?
Earth
Fire
Lightning
Ice
Xyselzion
Xyselzion
Elite Member
Elite Member

Male
Number of posts : 161
Job/hobbies : Basketball - Console - Outdoors
Which is better? Gui1010
Silk : 5697
Registration date : 2009-05-23

Back to top Go down

Which is better? Empty Re: Which is better?

Post by GoldiLocks Tue May 26, 2009 11:41 am

wiz + cleric

all wiz skills but light are 100% needed i find

this is my build but I am FF 100% both class =D
GoldiLocks
GoldiLocks
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 1160
Job/hobbies : Drinking and Having Fun!
Humor : Any
Which is better? Gui1010
Silk : 7746
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Xyselzion Tue May 26, 2009 6:55 pm

GoldiLocks wrote:wiz + cleric

all wiz skills but light are 100% needed i find

this is my build but I am FF 100% both class =D
thnx and ye wat u sed is true
i do like lightning as well but only one skill...forgot wat it is tho - its wen u move ur enemy bk...thats it lol so lightning isnt really needed Very Happy
but y cleric? wiz die in 1 hit anyway right?
Xyselzion
Xyselzion
Elite Member
Elite Member

Male
Which is better? Gui1010

Back to top Go down

Post by cheeky Tue May 26, 2009 11:21 pm

in my opinion is wizz-bard better, because of the speed and very importand for solo grinding the noise.

Bard+Wizz is for me much much more confortable as Cleric+Wizz
cheeky
cheeky
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Male
Number of posts : 736
Job/hobbies : occupational therapy
Humor : straight
Which is better? Gui1010
Silk : 6441
Registration date : 2008-02-07

https://www.youtube.com/user/FelixTsaknakis

Back to top Go down

Post by Xyselzion Tue May 26, 2009 11:43 pm

cheeky wrote:in my opinion is wizz-bard better, because of the speed and very importand for solo grinding the noise.

ye i might go for that Very Happy
il die 1 shot anyway lol and i can run away from aggro mobs Laughing
Xyselzion
Xyselzion
Elite Member
Elite Member

Male
Which is better? Gui1010

Back to top Go down

Post by GoldiLocks Wed May 27, 2009 12:04 am

No do not go for that ... with out bless you'll get owned by every party moster and giant out there that is your lvl sometimes ones that are 5 levels lower even... sure you'll not get hit by regular monsters... but try and solo grind any where giants spawns... by the time most people reach the punishers they are done with a wizard/bard... i happened to have pushed on with great anger till i got to 42 and quit. Have a 72 with cleric sub now is owes and does not get owned as much. So bottom line unless your going to get plvled to high level, are going to be in a party 90% of the time, or know how to stop giants from spawning as you try and lvl... bard is a very very very very bad idea. wait till you try and pvp also.. that is a whole other story.
GoldiLocks
GoldiLocks
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Which is better? Gui1010

Back to top Go down

Post by cheeky Wed May 27, 2009 12:50 am

GoldiLocks wrote:No do not go for that ... with out bless you'll get owned by every party moster and giant out there that is your lvl sometimes ones that are 5 levels lower even... sure you'll not get hit by regular monsters... but try and solo grind any where giants spawns... by the time most people reach the punishers they are done with a wizard/bard... i happened to have pushed on with great anger till i got to 42 and quit. Have a 72 with cleric sub now is owes and does not get owned as much. So bottom line unless your going to get plvled to high level, are going to be in a party 90% of the time, or know how to stop giants from spawning as you try and lvl... bard is a very very very very bad idea. wait till you try and pvp also.. that is a whole other story.

1. If you have gap 0 and some blues on your set, you can kill without problems giants on your lvl wich berserker and one pt monster too, without berserker, if (for example) there come a giant and 2 champions you just run away (no problem if you have robe 20% speed and ((for example) 60% speed buff) after you run away you kill them by oneself.

2. Its just so conforortable (as i say it befor) because no normal mob attack you (even normal pt mobs), at solo grinding you have really problem if they are much aggro mobs without noise (i play myself a wizz/cleric)

3. With a wizz you can forget pvp with bard or cleric, it´s simply bullshit.

4. Wizz+cleric is good for party grinding because of the powerfull skill "bless spell" and you can res other ppl and buff them with def or/and str and int

5. with Recovery Division you have a bigger aggro, so you lure much times monster on your own.
cheeky
cheeky
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Male
Which is better? Gui1010

Back to top Go down

Post by Xyselzion Wed May 27, 2009 1:10 am

a lot of advantages and disadvantages
Xyselzion
Xyselzion
Elite Member
Elite Member

Male
Which is better? Gui1010

Back to top Go down

Post by GoldiLocks Wed May 27, 2009 1:56 am

Xyselzium wrote:a lot of advantages and disadvantages

Trust me we can argue this all day.... its really what you think is best... but notice... 1 key point.. with 60% speed you can run away... yup... get use to it and this take monsters 1 on 1 is great in slow spawning areas... think about ong, hun, rooms in the cave and tomb... its not uncommon to have 2+ giants attacking you the same time... and your using vigors to save your life... i have played both cleric and bard subs... so... let make a fast list of what i know here..

my players:

KaraDirstar = lvl 77 full int china nuker... retired lvl 80 cap did not want to delvl stuff
LayaDIrstar = lvl 68-72 (i forget 100% for sure) full str blader .. retired lvl 80 cap did not want to delvl stuff
RenaTriBlade = lvl 51 Full str rouge/bard ... gave up on this build hated carrying bolts
GoldMoon = lvl 42 wizard/bard ... hopless build... died 20+ times a day... made me scream time to time is pi$$ed me off so badly
ZhangFei = lvl XX chine bower ... cool class but still think euros are better, carrying arrows is a pain... may get back to this dun know yet
GoldieLocks = lvl 72 almost 73 FF to lvl 80 Wizard/cleric.... love it got two 4-week gold tickets lined up for it... and will play it to cap... why... its kicks ass
Belldandy = lvl 29 farming bard/cleric ... why... just to try it out and have the best of both worlds

This is no to discredit my friend cheeky ... but i have tried many builds... far far into the leveling phase... ie lvl 50+ before i stopped. I only listed some of them here... but out of them all GoldMoon was the worse ever!!! Now... heihuifu is a wizard/bard... aka a battle bard... and advise that this man offers take it to the bank.

https://international-sro.forumotion.com/character-development-f8/bard-t1972.htm?highlight=battle+bard <--- battle bard info added just 4 u Wink

Last edited by GoldiLocks on Wed May 27, 2009 2:33 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added topic link!)
GoldiLocks
GoldiLocks
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Which is better? Gui1010

Back to top Go down

Post by cheeky Wed May 27, 2009 2:42 am

GoldiLocks wrote:GoldMoon = lvl 42 wizard/bard ... hopless build... died 20+ times a day... made me scream time to time is pi$$ed me off so badly

ok, if you arent careful and havent a good set, isnt difficult to die Very Happy
cheeky
cheeky
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Male
Which is better? Gui1010

Back to top Go down

Post by Xyselzion Wed May 27, 2009 3:05 am

ok, if you arent careful and havent a good set, isnt difficult to die Very Happy
cheeky going to give me his/her good set so i can go bard Very Happy
and go battle bard...jus sp needed
this is difficult to decide lol
Xyselzion
Xyselzion
Elite Member
Elite Member

Male
Which is better? Gui1010

Back to top Go down

Post by LostDreams Wed May 27, 2009 3:09 am

oh lol youre karadirstar... i thought youre new.
maybe you still know me i was on GRas server too i think my char was VVannaBe
LostDreams
LostDreams
Section Moderator
Section Moderator

Male
Number of posts : 178
Which is better? Gui1010
Silk : 6045

Back to top Go down

Post by GoldiLocks Wed May 27, 2009 3:44 am

LostDreams wrote:oh lol youre karadirstar... i thought youre new.
maybe you still know me i was on GRas server too i think my char was VVannaBe

I do rember you =D
GoldiLocks
GoldiLocks
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Which is better? Gui1010

Back to top Go down

Post by cheeky Wed May 27, 2009 3:44 am

LostDreams wrote: think my char was VVannaBe

HAHAHAHAHAHA, VVannaBe what your doing here, i think you stop with sro "welcome back" ^^

@Xyselzium, come on our Server and i can give you a good Deg.8 robe set Very Happy
cheeky
cheeky
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Male
Which is better? Gui1010

Back to top Go down

Post by GoldiLocks Wed May 27, 2009 3:55 am

yes come to our server.. and you can watch me owen cheeky over and over again... Wink *hehe* Just kidding old friend Wink
GoldiLocks
GoldiLocks
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Which is better? Gui1010

Back to top Go down

Post by Xyselzion Wed May 27, 2009 5:36 am

@Xyselzium, come on our Server and i can give you a good Deg.8 robe set Very Happy
id love to Razz
i dun wna miss out on that deg 8 robe set xD
1 thing...wats ur server Very Happy
Xyselzion
Xyselzion
Elite Member
Elite Member

Male
Which is better? Gui1010

Back to top Go down

Post by GoldiLocks Wed May 27, 2009 12:59 pm

Xyselzium wrote:
cheeky wrote:in my opinion is wizz-bard better, because of the speed and very importand for solo grinding the noise.

i missed this.. and your answer is no.. unless you have npc all your life.... in fact i have/can grind 9 gaped monsters my lvl or more... with recover div is is like insta-pots for euro... if... IF... you happen to get hit.. then recovery div should kick in and heal you life.. and you'll not need hp pots... if you take more then what recovery div can handle then you pots kick in... and if you have ever played a pure int nuker before you should know you can 1 hit any thing that moves so its the same with a wizard... you clear yourself a spot with some multi hit attacks (very easy/fast to do)... and then just keep creaming the mobs as they pop up with spells no running needed in most case.. if you happen to have something spawn on you and your worried about.. just teleport way (you know the spell 90% of people forget they have)... no need to run.... IF you happen to get hit you have 2 HP things that can save your life not just 1... 2-3 giant happen to come after you.. NP... bless + zirk + LC/LT and you can take them down fast as easy... and not even have to worry about your life only time i die from 2-3 giants attacking me.. is 2 or more of them crt me the same time and/or i lagg.. you actually have to worry about your magic/mana more... yup... that is right your mana... i find in a case of multi giants or party battles you use it faster then it heals...in fact i use about 50 HP to 300 MP on this build.. and need vigor only to top up my MP time to time and 25% Vigor grains @ 50 units will do me a week or more grind 5+ hours a day. People say take bard for speed and noise... ok do this and your left with what... ?????????? Ya.... lets take count here.. noise = not needed because your killing monsters as fast or faster then they spawn... so that is a waste.... speed... um... not needed... rember you little spot you created? ya.. you are waiting for stuff to pop up and kill it.. not running around all of SRO... so speed is not need... o wait it is... to get place to place...sooooooooooooo... buy a freaking horse... can not use a horse in the cave or tomb..... buy some drugs... but there a good reason to take a bard sub... you need less farming... u need 2 skills and not a bunch like when u farm a full cleric sub... that is it.... but trust me take bard sub and you'll spend time running from giants... time running and waiting for pots to kick in... i know 100% first hand how this works out when you play solo. In the mean time take the life saving cleric skills and you'll spend more time killing then running I know I do... in fact i have level from 1-72 in 3mths... this would be higher... but... i have had a 5+ gap most of the time just to make farming a little easier and shorter.

Now if any one who reads this can show me a wizard/bard killing not 1 at a time but 3+ giants SAME TIME (key words here SAME TIME) and close if not the same level as them and live.. i'll eat my words.. cuz i know with out bless.. you'll die before you have to time to say "fak me gently with a chain saw" ... unless you have a sun set.. and even then... i do not think that will be enough! so please leave bard to its own class, or a sub for a pure str player, and that will be my final say on this! (would have put all this sooner for yo but i have been busy most of the day)

Last edited by GoldiLocks on Wed May 27, 2009 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
GoldiLocks
GoldiLocks
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Which is better? Gui1010

Back to top Go down

Post by Unstoppable Wed May 27, 2009 1:13 pm

Oo, i have a lv90 FF bard/wizz in isro b4, i think its much better than cleric. don't forget mana cycle. don't say u don't need speed, you are not farming at bandit archers, lol.

if you are a real player then you don't need to have subclass, you can use both mastery as ur main class wizard and bard.
Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Normal member
Normal member

Male
Number of posts : 379
Job/hobbies : Playing Tennis/ Playing Dota
Humor : Ctrl + W = ???
Which is better? Gui1010
Silk : 6377
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by GoldiLocks Wed May 27, 2009 1:32 pm

Unstoppable wrote:Oo, i have a lv90 FF bard/wizz in isro b4, i think its much better than cleric. don't forget mana cycle. don't say u don't need speed, you are not farming at bandit archers, lol.

if you are a real player then you don't need to have subclass, you can use both mastery as ur main class wizard and bard.

Speed as in running around.. not the time needed to kill monsters.. and you SOLO grinded you player from lvl 1 to 90? SOLO key word here to my arguments...... that means not with a friends help.. not with aid of a bot... not paying for plvl... etc.. 100% YOURSELF ONLY.... (I know the answer here is no and its a rhetorical question)

Next:

real player then you don't need to have subclass -> that would mean wizard only... cleric only... bard only.... 1 CLASS ONLY... but then you say -> both mastery as ur main class wizard and bard.... ??????? .... i can argue this statement... to me it makes not rhyme or reason... you put your foot in your mouth in the same breath... want to try what you were saying again?

Lastly...mana cycle is good... so is healing cycle... GL on using every time you life or mana drops a few point.. and droping you attack to fill you mana when is empty....mmm..... why is it empty......could be be you being either mob by monsters, giants or after that rare unique kill.... ya... i am 1/4 the way from killing lord or isy... and I am going to stop to fill up my magic or life.. and save a vigor?!?!?!?!!!??!!? Or I am not going to use a vigor to safe myself from a monster that is pounding on me?!?!?!?!?! nope.... i am going for the kill or life.... there for either skill is useless... for solo killing, for the most part... and are useful once again for team fighting.. not solo grinding!
GoldiLocks
GoldiLocks
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Which is better? Gui1010

Back to top Go down

Post by Unstoppable Wed May 27, 2009 1:55 pm

ahahahaha!!!!!!!!! you were right, I bot all the way to level 90, so what? it's still solo grinding. what I mean about using both skill tree as main class is that, I can be a battle bard or wizard whenever I feel playing any of those class, when i say FF i mean FF in both wizard and bard. its fun to play both it will take away the boredom.

GoldiLocks wrote: and that will be my final say on this! (would have put all this sooner for yo but i have been busy most of the day)

PS: im pure legit 100% in csro( i dont even use loader)
but i'm a normal player in isro.(botter 24/7)
Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Normal member
Normal member

Male
Number of posts : 379
Job/hobbies : Playing Tennis/ Playing Dota
Humor : Ctrl + W = ???
Which is better? Gui1010
Silk : 6377
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Xyselzion Wed May 27, 2009 5:47 pm

GoldiLocks wrote:
Xyselzium wrote:

i missed this.. and your answer is no.. unless you have npc all your life.... in fact i have/can grind 9 gaped monsters my lvl or more... with recover div is is like insta-pots for euro... if... IF... you happen to get hit.. then recovery div should kick in and heal you life.. and you'll not need hp pots... if you take more then what recovery div can handle then you pots kick in... and if you have ever played a pure int nuker before you should know you can 1 hit any thing that moves so its the same with a wizard... you clear yourself a spot with some multi hit attacks (very easy/fast to do)... and then just keep creaming the mobs as they pop up with spells no running needed in most case.. if you happen to have something spawn on you and your worried about.. just teleport way (you know the spell 90% of people forget they have)... no need to run.... IF you happen to get hit you have 2 HP things that can save your life not just 1... 2-3 giant happen to come after you.. NP... bless + zirk + LC/LT and you can take them down fast as easy... and not even have to worry about your life only time i die from 2-3 giants attacking me.. is 2 or more of them crt me the same time and/or i lagg.. you actually have to worry about your magic/mana more... yup... that is right your mana... i find in a case of multi giants or party battles you use it faster then it heals...in fact i use about 50 HP to 300 MP on this build.. and need vigor only to top up my MP time to time and 25% Vigor grains @ 50 units will do me a week or more grind 5+ hours a day. People say take bard for speed and noise... ok do this and your left with what... ?????????? Ya.... lets take count here.. noise = not needed because your killing monsters as fast or faster then they spawn... so that is a waste.... speed... um... not needed... rember you little spot you created? ya.. you are waiting for stuff to pop up and kill it.. not running around all of SRO... so speed is not need... o wait it is... to get place to place...sooooooooooooo... buy a freaking horse... can not use a horse in the cave or tomb..... buy some drugs... but there a good reason to take a bard sub... you need less farming... u need 2 skills and not a bunch like when u farm a full cleric sub... that is it.... but trust me take bard sub and you'll spend time running from giants... time running and waiting for pots to kick in... i know 100% first hand how this works out when you play solo. In the mean time take the life saving cleric skills and you'll spend more time killing then running I know I do... in fact i have level from 1-72 in 3mths... this would be higher... but... i have had a 5+ gap most of the time just to make farming a little easier and shorter.

Now if any one who reads this can show me a wizard/bard killing not 1 at a time but 3+ giants SAME TIME (key words here SAME TIME) and close if not the same level as them and live.. i'll eat my words.. cuz i know with out bless.. you'll die before you have to time to say "fak me gently with a chain saw" ... unless you have a sun set.. and even then... i do not think that will be enough! so please leave bard to its own class, or a sub for a pure str player, and that will be my final say on this! (would have put all this sooner for yo but i have been busy most of the day)
i might go for urs goldi cos most the time il solo grind anyway...no parties around and il need to survive with recovery div...
i need a lot of sp lol
Xyselzion
Xyselzion
Elite Member
Elite Member

Male
Which is better? Gui1010

Back to top Go down

Post by GoldiLocks Thu May 28, 2009 12:06 am

PS: im pure legit 100% in csro( i dont even use loader) but i'm a normal player in isro.(botter 24/7)

LMFAO!!!!!!
GoldiLocks
GoldiLocks
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Which is better? Gui1010

Back to top Go down

Post by Xyselzion Thu May 28, 2009 1:09 am

GoldiLocks wrote:
PS: im pure legit 100% in csro( i dont even use loader) but i'm a normal player in isro.(botter 24/7)

LMFAO!!!!!!
ye cos csro rox
u dont need to bot Razz
people lend you help for free...sometimes u dun even have to ask
and loader? i thought it doesnt work...hmmmm
Xyselzion
Xyselzion
Elite Member
Elite Member

Male
Which is better? Gui1010

Back to top Go down

Post by Fire0rb Thu May 28, 2009 1:22 am

at the moment it doesnt work, indeed^^
but i worked for a long time Razz
Fire0rb
Fire0rb
Administrator
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 937
Silk : 7257

Back to top Go down

Post by Xyselzion Thu May 28, 2009 2:04 am

Fire0rb wrote:at the moment it doesnt work, indeed^^
but i worked for a long time Razz
whooo go Fire0rb
i hope it helps us from getting d/c a lot of times...or mbi its just me lol Laughing
Xyselzion
Xyselzion
Elite Member
Elite Member

Male
Which is better? Gui1010

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum